Monday, June 13, 2005

I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy, Down in My Heart

For those of you that went to Sunday School or Children's Church or Kids Camp or Vacation Bible School (yes, I did all of them), you know that line, and probably the whole song that it is from.

The Bible says, "Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." (Nehemiah 8:10, NIV)

I think sometimes we forget that happiness & joy are two VERY different things. Happiness is a feeling. People can make us happy, but they can also make us sad, hurt or mad. Our circumstances change our feelings & mood changes.

When our life is centered in Christ, only then do we know real joy. That doesn't mean that our life is perfect, usually we are no better than those that do not have a Christ centered relationship. The only difference is that we have a HOPE that tells us that everything will work out.

When the paycheck doesn't seem to stretch far enough, and the rent is due, your phone is shut off & the car needs an oil change, its easiest to quit. But there is something inside that tells you to keep going & that everything will turn out, that is God's hope for something better, but what keeps you going is His JOY. ("And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." -Romans 8:28)

When you are grieving for the loss of someone or something, just knowing that they are in a better place & knowing that they lived a great & prosperous life- that is JOY.

If you feel empty inside, remember what the Bible says, "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."- Psalm 28:7

<>< <>< <>< <><
I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy
down in my heart
(where?)
down in my heart
(where?)
down in my heart

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy
down in my heart
(where?)
down in my heart to stay.

I've got the peace that passes understanding
down in my heart
I've got the love of Jesus, love of Jesus
down in my heart

I've got the wonderful love of my blessed redeemer
way down in the depths of my heart

No comments: