Monday, September 19, 2005

Worth Celebrating

I have to say that in all of my years, I have never known love & support the way that I did this weekend.
Thank you to everyone that prayed for my family this weekend in our time of need. God truly does answer prayers & proves Himself to be faithful!

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about...Here's a recap:
I received a call from my mom who was in hysterics on Saturday afternoon, and then a call from my younger brother. It seems that his ex-girlfriend had gotten pregnant, while they were still together. The baby is his. He wants to keep it, she does not.

My family asked me to call her & counsel her. I did call her & she listened tearfully, as I explained the stages of life, from conception, thru 12 weeks (which is how far along she is now).

She didn't know that the baby's fingers & toes were fully formed & visible. She didn't know it had a heart beat, or its own dna & brain waves. Of course she didn't. Planned Parenthood doesn't tell you that. And why would they, if they are going to make money off of the murder of your unborn.

After hanging up with this young girl, I had faith that she would make the right decision. I spoke with my family again & we continued to pray, and asked others to pray as well.
On Sunday morning my mom called & said that she had made her decision & would go through with her appointment as scheduled for this morning, Monday, at 10:30 am.
I got on the computer & sent out a mass email to over 100 people, asking for prayer.
At 3:30 pm, I received another phone call. She was going to keep the baby & let my family raise him (or her)!!

I am so excited to see what God has in store for this child. I know it must be amazing.
Its good to remember that while Planned Parenthood wants to say, "Every child should be a wanted child," we need to remember that just because the mother may not want it, that doesn't mean that someone else doesn't.

I too was supposed to be aborted. Thankfully, there was a family, my family, that wanted me. Next time you hear someone talk casually about the woman's right choose, consider the fathers right, and that he doesn't have one. Consider the baby's right. If we are all guaranteed "Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness," -we need to remember that the latter two are only possible with the first one.

Who will speak for those that have no voice? Hopefully, You Will.

2 comments:

thelovelyval said...

I hope that you understand, Nikki, why I went to your blog. It wasnt to judge or condemn. I am NOT that kind of a person. But i did counsel post abortive women in a current career. I know the horrors, and I would hope that you would make another decision.
If not, it gives me peace of mind to know that the child will rest peacefully in heaven after its horific death.
I wish you the best in your life & I hope that you find peace & happiness.

thelovelyval said...

Thanks, Miss D.
I only did what I felt was right! LOVE YOU! Hope to see you soon! :)
xoxoxo