Monday, March 20, 2006

Hagsville

So, I'm sitting in DCA (Reagan Nat'l Airport) on a layover to NY, when I see all of these Secret Service people looming around the gate. I was on my way to Albany. They were hanging out near the gate headed to LaGuardia. I sent a text to a couple people saying "must be someone big going to NYC tomorrow, the SS is out in full force."
When I say "out in full force" I mean, there were about seven of these guys hanging out.
They give the final boarding call for the flight to LaGuardia. Nothing happens. They don't close the gate, they don't shut the doors. SS is still hanging out...
I get up, on my way to use the ladies (so of course, I put away my camera...) & in comes another secret service detail. There were probably around another 8 in that detail.
So, who was all the hoopla for???
None other than Miss Haggy Haggerton herself...Hilary Rodham Clinton.
She looked TERRIBLE. And what a twat, if I may use such language. Who is she? Why does she have the right to show up 2 minutes AFTER the gate closes, with an entourage of nearly 20, and to be so rude to fellow flyers?
I suppose this has something to do with the fact that she's not only a US Senator, but also a former first lady. But the audacity. I just can't comprehend anyone being as asinine as she was. Didn't smile. Had nothing nice to say when well wishers spoke to her.
Can you imagine anyone wishing HER a safe flight? Thank God she wasn't on my flight. I think that would have been the day that I was arrested by the air marshall!

No comments: