Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Case for McCain

After speaking with conservatives, and following not only my heart, but my head, I know that McCain is the best man for the job in 08. I actually supported him in 2000, but once the primaries were over, I threw my support to President Bush.
(I obviously wasn't going to vote for Gore...ugh...)
I have been a long time fan of Senator McCain. I've also been quite outspoken about some of the things he's done/bills he's sponsored, but for the most part, I'm still a fan. He can't be all that bad, he's been in office since the 80's & he wins by such a large margin every election (in AZ) that I find it hard to believe that there are that many that disagree with me.
McCain is a Federalist. He believes in states rights, which limits federal governments role in the lives of american citizens. He's a nationalist. He loves America and gave up so much to become the man that he is today. There's something that he's not...and that's a coward. He spent years in a prison camp. He's spent years fighting in the trenches of the house & senate. He's got the experience. He's got the voting record.
Where do Giuliani and Romney stand on "conservative" issues? -Giuliani is far from being even moderate, especially when stating that abortions should be funded by tax payer dollars...HELL NO I WONT PAY FOR THAT! & Romney can't make up his mind...
I'm not saying McCain is perfect. I'm not saying he's got all the answers. I'm going to say exactly what I said about President Bush vs John Kerry, circa 04...
"At least we know where he stands. He'll tell you what he thinks, what he wants, what ought to be done, and then he'll do it. There's no turning back. No talking him out of it. He knows whats right and he acts on that."
That's what we need in America. To hell with opinion polls and surveys. Everyone in America is pissed off about something. Don't you see that we are as bad, or ever worse than that Democrats? When did Republicans decide it was okay to tear each other down, or to say that one issue is more important than the other? If we don't wake up, we are going to have a democrat controlled congress & white house.
Open up your eyes and realize that he's not pandering now. He's still a straight shooter. He's mended his ways (and this has been a long time coming, so everyone who wants to leave a nasty comment can save it) since the 2000 election. He's working hard to make sure our country stays free, strong, secure.
Do you think any democrat can or willdo that?

...Its not about right or left. Its about right & wrong. Who is right to lead our country?...

No comments: