Sunday, August 01, 2004

Sex on the Brain? Not Using the Word in the Same Context.

The anti-Bush/Cheney crowd is using the media as their force, as usual, to remind everyone that Dick Cheney told Patrick Leahy to "Go F--- Yourself." While I do not condone the usage of expletives, I cannot say that I blame VP Cheney. If I had the chance, I probably would have said it too. With that being said though, it is not cute or funny (well, maybe a little funny, in this instance) to swear at colleagues, or anyone for that matter.
However, the media is comparing the Cheney quote to another campaign quote uttered from the other side, "Shove it." -Isn't that convenient? They've forgotten that their fearless (hopeful) leader, John F. Kerry used the F word himself just a few months ago. In a 'Rolling Stone Magazine' interview Kerry pandered to the "hipper, younger crowd of today's pop culture," by saying, ''I voted for what I thought was best for the country. Did I expect Howard Dean to go off to the left and say, 'I'm against everything'? Sure. Did I expect George Bush to f - - - it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did."
At least Cheney's was said in a bit of a fit of rage. I think we all (or almost all) have uttered a few words we ought not to have when our tempers were a bit heated. But why would someone vying for a position as high as the President of the United States say it in an interview, so non-chalantly, as casually as a trucker at a rest stop would say it?
It's simple. John Kerry is not cool. He rides his Harley, trying to act hip. He uses the F word, trying to sound hip. The fact is, he is not like any of us. Especially those of us in our mid-twenties and early thirties. He wants us to think he is hip, but the reality is, we almost all think he's boring as watching paint dry. Can any of us really relate to his life? He speaks in such a drone, I think the only way he could get the younger generations to pay attention to what he was saying was with the expletive.
Of course the media has let this slide. They choose only to remind us of Cheney's short comings. Kerry is a political genius in their minds, and it is okay for him to swear. Once again the proof that the media is slanted to the left.
Oh well, if this is the intelligence level that today's politicians are sinking to, we may be in trouble, or in for entertainment. Can you imagine what the next G8 Summit may sound like? Or even a meeting with the UN? Although, I think someone may need to tell Chirac and Schroeder to "Go F--- Themselves," it's not really the best way to get the respect we deserve or command the authority that we already have.
Just my random thoughts for the day...

No comments: