Friday, July 08, 2005

A Good Thing

You know I was offered a political job in New Mexico. This was a position that I was MADE for. Or it was made for me. Either way, the people I know out there are telling me that it's a good thing that I did not make the decision to go out there.
I struggled with making that decision. I thought "This is what I do. I have to take this job. What else will I do?" But the more I thought about it, and the more I prayed about it, I just knew that I could NOT make that trip. I could not move again for a job.
It turns out that one of my friends that is working on this campaign has just had his salary cut almost in HALF. The chairman of the NM Republican party is totally crazy & has told him that he made the adjustments to his salary and there is nothing that he can do about it. Apparently the person that was hired in my place was already fired by this chairman.
Sometimes you just know that its a bad move, you just have to learn to listen to your instincts and that inner voice.

No comments: