Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Counting My Blessings

Today is my birthday. Being away from home has been hard, but for all of my friends who have spent a birthday with me, you know today has to be REALLY hard for me.
My birthday is not really a day, but usually lasts about a week, or a month, depending on how we are all feeling. There can be anywhere from 5-35 people at one of these gatherings, needless to say, I love a party & I LOVE ATTENTION!
I have to say that I honestly thought that today would be somewhat of an out-of-sight, out-of mind sort of day for most people. It has been overwhelming how many people have called & written & sent e-cards. My co-worker even brought in flowers (pink, of course) & an oreo cake for me. Hearing Chandler & Kyle sing me Happy Birthday was the greatest thing in the world! Those two little boys mean so much to me! Its nice to know that they haven't forgotten me (I have to say that is one of my biggest fears!)
I try to count my blessings & remember daily that I have a lot to be thankful for. Today is a great day that has helped me do just that. While I miss everyone TREMENDOUSLY, I also know that you all still care about me, and it doesn't matter how far or near we are to each other, we will always be friends.
Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being there for me. Thanks for being great friends!

No comments: