Friday, July 16, 2004

Las Vegas, WHAT WAS I THINKING?



Well, its been an interesting week, to say the least.
I packed up my life (that which I could fit into my car, anyway) and headed out for the unknown.
I am still lost & trying to figure out what EXACTLY I am supposed to be doing, all I can really get from anyone is that I need to register about 12,750 new voters by October 1st, here in Clark County...so however I choose to meet those numbers is up to me.
My co-worker, Jen & I have started working on some different ideas- this coming Monday we are throwing a HUGE Free BBQ, where we will focus on new home developments & new voter registration. Things are a bit crazy- we have to do a 2,000 piece lit drop by tomorrow am. It's about 102 degrees outside right now, so we've decided to put that off until tonight.
Now for the exciting stuff...
I spent most of the day crying on Sunday, and an even greater part of the day on Monday I was hysterical. Tuesday I pulled it together & decided that my President needed me, and that is why I am here. It was time to suck it up, pull myself up by the bootstraps, and get on with it.
So even though I am lonely and afraid (and really don't know my way around, and get lost quite frequently) things are getting better. I figure if I can make it a whole 6 hours without crying, its a good day :) -so to say the least, this has been one of those things that if not for the love & support of my family & friends, and my passion for making America a better place & standing behind a leader that I believe God has placed here for this time...I doubt that I would be here.
So, if I can give up my life and move away from everyone that I know just to make sure that W is in office for another 4 years...what can YOU do to help re-elect YOUR President?

No comments: