Sunday, November 28, 2004

Climbing Forward Makes it Hard to Look Back

On to the next phase of my life! I'm moving to D.C. in two days. I cannot believe it!!
When I was younger I had something that my dear friend Katie would refer to as "Divine Ignorance," referring to the phrase, "Ignorence is Bliss." I was perfectly content to never go anywhere, meet anyone or do anything with my life. Obviously that all has changed.
I am stepping out in complete faith, believing that God will grant me CRAZY FAVOR and I will land a great job when arrive, since I have exactly $200 to my name, and I owe a LOT more than that in bills for this coming month. It's weird because I believe that anything is possible and I am hoping and trusting for the best. "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, we trust in the name of the Lord our God."-Psalm 20:6-8.
God has always been faithful, and He has brought me too far for me to give up now.
Pastor Barnett spoke this morning about being a quitter, a camper or a climber. I have always been a camper. Content to stay in one place once I reach a plateau, never wanting or longing to move forward, being complacent in what God has given me. I have decided that God has called me to be a climber. To reach higher. To go farther. How can I glorify God when I am not consistently trusting in Him and aiming to do His great will in my life? The Bible says clearly that "without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those that earnestly seek Him." -Hebrews 11:5-7
I have chosen to earnestly seek God and God's will for my life.
Years ago I believed that I was called to be a wife and a mother. That was it. And while those are huge undertakings I do not believe that I would be happy if I had followed that path, unless I kept my divine ignorance and went with the "what you don't know won't hurt you" theory. After all, If you don't know there is grass on the other side, how can it be greener?
Anyway, I've rambled on incoherently for long enough. I am going, and hopefully you will read of great things to come in my life on this site. I will keep you all updated.
"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." -Hebrews 11:1

No comments: