Monday, November 08, 2004

Moving Ahead and Leaving the Past Behind

Four months ago I started this blog and I HATED Las Vegas. I didn't think I would make it through my time here. I felt like I was in a prison.
Now that I am sitting in my office, clearing off my files from computer and emptying filing cabinets and I can't believe that I am leaving. I have built relationships and come to love my life here.
I am sitting here thinking about the first time I stepped foot into this office. I am thinking about the internal changes that have taken place in my life. I think that this AMAZING opportunity has changed me for the better. It has taught me that I am stronger than I thought. I am able to do so much more than I ever could have dreamed. I learned what I want out of life, and what I expect from myself. No longer do I have slight dreams, I have God-sized aspirations, knowing that only with Him can I accomplish anything.
I am excited for the next phase in my life. I am excited that you all will be coming along for the ride, so to speak...
Many thanks for your love and support.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Val, watching you grow into that experience was impressive. I remember the first week right down to the last. How could we have guessed what we were getting into? I can't believe it's over. It is anti-climatic. I feel a sort of emptiness now that everyone is gone. I miss you. We'll meet up in DC. Lots of Love, JEN

Ace said...

Godspeed, Val.