Thursday, December 09, 2004

Drip, Drip, Drop Little April Showers

WHY IS IT RAINING SO MUCH?!?!
It's already rained this once this week. It rained all day today. It's supposed to rain tomorrow. Ugh. I didn't know that I moved to Seattle...
Anyway, today was a depressing day, but I am getting over it. There is something about the rain that makes me want to sleep, or watch an old movie, or do both. I slept until 11:30 (don't tell Chris, he might have a heart attack) and then I read, and then I watched the news and then part of a movie. So lets just say that it was a totally meaningless day. But I loved the fact that I didn't have to interact with anyone and I didn't have to be intelligent or happy for anyone.
Patty called me and we were supposed to go to a political happy hour. Since neither of us felt like being 'social' we decided to meet for dinner.
It's nice how complete strangers turn into the most trusted friends. We met at this great Italian place and had some pasta (GASP! Carbs!!) and a bottle of Pinot Grigio (a must). She really encouraged me to keep going and not to give up on DC. She also let me know that it was okay to make mistakes (see earlier posts about stupid southern men) and I will be okay. Its nice to hear someone else say it every now and then. (Sometimes my pep talks that I give to myself are not so convincing.)
So after a day of rain, and the thought of getting up at the crack of dawn to go to work at a department store, I actually have gained a bit more confidence and I know that things are going to be okay. Rain or shine, things are going to be okay.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Things will be ok. These transitions are the defining moments in our lives. Val, you of all people have the strength to succeed. Don't ever give up.